Saturday, August 25, 2007

down and out... well almost...

well on the way to ??? I noticed the rear brake was set a bit too weak so while messing with it I saw this...

though I hoped it would last the trip the wheel started getting worse around 80 miles later... so I decided to back off on the power and hope to make it to the next control without having to stop and tweak the spokes just to get there...

I bought a new rear wheel at the next control... though I had the tools to do this but because of they very busy bike shop it took me an hour just to buy it... plus side is I got a chance to rest and chat with others... also piece of mind that a new wheel was on the rear put some more juice back into my pedal stroke...

1 comment:

super communist said...

Well it is only appropriate that the French wheel dies in France.